So as I was writing the title for this post I was thinking of doing something clever like “Pump up the jam” or “My Favorite Jam” or “Jammin’ with some Homemade Jam” but then I was thinking how cheesy those are so I decided to play it safe with the above title. Anyways now that we got that all cleared up, let’s pump up the jam! …….yep that still sounds pretty cheesy 🙂
But seriously let’s talk about how delicious this stuff is! And not to mention how fun and easy it is to make!
All you need is honey, a little lemon, cranberries, and your favorite berries of choice!( fresh or frozen)
I used up some frozen blueberries and raspberries. And it turned out to be awesome.
And what I find so cool is the cranberries act as a natural pectin! How neat is that!
My Favorite Jam
Adapted from: http://thenourishinghome.com/2012/03/jumble-berry-jam-gf/
– 1 cup cranberries
– 1 cup honey
-4 cups berries of your choice ( fresh or frozen)
– 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
– a pinch of lemon zest
– Set a medium sized pot on medium high heat.
– add in honey and all berries, and let come to a boil.
– turn the heat down to medium low, until it becomes simmering.
– continue to simmer for twenty minutes. Keep a close eye and stir every now and then.
– use the back of a wooden spoon or heat proof spatula to smoosh berries that are still whole.
– for ten more minutes keep on heat.
– If still liquidity keep on heat a little longer. ( keep in mind that jam will thicken as it cools)
– take off of heat and stir in lemon juice and zest.
– fill mason jars with jam and let cool on counter with no lids.
– once cool put lids on and place in fridge.
This jam is perfect on toast, scones, biscuits, shortbread cookies, yogurt, and it makes the perfect PB & J sandwich. 🙂 mmm…peanut butter:D